Senoia Area Historical Society’s (SAHS) offices and museum are housed in the 1870 Carmichael house located at 6 Couch Street in the Historic District of Senoia, Georgia. The SAHS continues to work to preserve one of the oldest and most historic homes in Senoia. In 2016, the Society held a Capital Campaign in which proceeds were used to replace the roof as well as shore up the foundation and repair the floor. In 2018, SAHS repaired the porch, porch ceiling, as well as return the railings and posts to their original design and beauty, thanks to a matching $10,000 grant from the General Daniel Newnan Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
The Carmichael House circa 1908
Keeping Senoia’s History Alive: The Carmichael House